Greetings, I am Qingjun Chang. I am currently a Ph.D. student at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) in Switzerland, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), and working on the porject Barycentric Interpolation with Prof. Kai Hormann. My currently research is focused on exploring the theoretical foundations of barycentric interpolation in one and more variables, and providing a better understanding of the underlying principles.
I received my B.S. degree in Information and Computing Science from Ningbo Institute of Technology, Zhejiang University (ZJUNIT) in 2017. During my undergraduate studies, I had the privilege of working under the guidance of Prof. Zhenyu Shu, where I explored topics such as Digital Geometry Processing and Machine Learning.
In 2020, I earned my M.S. degree in Mathematics from Hangzhou Dianzi University (HDU) under the supervision of Prof. Chongyang Deng. My research focused on Computer Aided Geometric Design and Computer Graphics, with my topic of interest being Generalized Barycentric Coordinates (GBC).
Prior to pursuing my PhD, I studied and visited the USI in Switzerland in 2019 under the guidance of Prof. Hormann. This experience allowed me to broaden my knowledge in the field and expand my skillset.
I also worked at the Southeast Digital Economic Development Institute (SDEDI) as a researcher in the 3D Digital Space R&D Center from April to September 2020. During my time at SDEDI, my research centered around 3D Building Change Detection and 3D Scene Data Compression.
Constrained least square progressive and iterative approximation (CLSPIA) for B-spline curve and surface fitting
Qingjun Chang, Weiyin Ma, Chongyang Deng
The Visual Computer, 2023.
Qingjun Chang, Chongyang Deng, Michael S. Floater
Journal of Approximation Theory (JAT), 2020.
- 10th International Conference on Curves and Surfaces, Best Poster Prize, France, 2022
- 2020 Excellent Master Thesis in Zhejiang Province, 2021
- Outstanding Graduate of Hangzhou Dianzi University, 2020
- National Graduate Mathematical Modeling Competition, Third Prize, 2017
- Zhejiang Province Tenth Challenge Cup Entrepreneurship Competition, Silver Award, 2016
- Participated in and completed the National Undergraduate Innovation Program in 2015
- National College Student Mathematics Competition Preliminaries, First Prize, 2014
- Zhejiang Province University Students Mathematics Competition, First Prize, 2014
- National "Diangong Cup" Mathematical Modeling Competition, Third Prize, 2013